1. I was born in the Ukraine.
2. I speak Russian, German, English and a little Ukrainian. Very little Ukrainian.
3. Stilzitat is the german name of my vintage store and can be translated to ‘quote of style’.
4. My mom called me after the russian novella ‘Aся’ (Turgenev) – this is the short form of Anastasia.
5. I started reading this novella several times but never finished it.
6. I used to read a lot ( and I mean A LOT!) but never got into russian or french (except Houellebecq) literature.
7. My favorite books are: The Picture of Dorian Gray (O. Wilde), What I Loved (S. Hustvedt), The Corrections (J. Franzen), The Human Stain (P. Roth)
8. I used to dance ballet for 10 yrs.
9. I had piano lessons for 7 yrs.
10. This russian kid went all the way: not only ballet & piano – I also visited an art school.
11. I really hated my piano lessons!
12. I really miss art school and started painting and drawing again!
13. I got my first DSLR when I was 15.
14. I studied art history and photography was not my favorite subject.
15. ‘Demon seated in the garden’ by M. Vrubel was THE reason I studied art history.
16. Sometimes I am speechless when looking at art. Even as an art historian. Period!
17. I get lost in paintings and can sit in front of them for hours (I really DO sit in front of them for hours!)
18. I used to be obsessed with ‘The Dying Slave’ by Michelangelo.
19. Therefore I have been a regular to The Louvre.
20. Now I avoid going to The Louvre, I would end up lost for days and days…
21. Paris is my favorite city!
22. I can’t listen to good music when I have to work.
23. To me the Chanel sign is the perfect trade mark.
24. I would love to see the aurora borealis!
25. I don’t wear jeans.
26. You either see me wearing dresses or leather shorts.
27. I am terribly short.
28. But: I don’t like to wear high heels.
29. One of my biggest wishes is to travel more.
30. I am a wreath-a-holic.
31. My love affair with flowers started when I quit smoking and treated myself with fresh flowers every week.
32. I love the smell of bergamot.
33. My favorite time of the year is fall.
34. I wish I could be the mommy of 10 persian cats and 10 pugs. Lucky me, I am the mommy of the best persian cat in the world!
35. I don’t like bananas.
36. I do believe that you can change bad habits if you work hard enough.
37. I really love to go shopping on my own. Stressing: my own, IF I go shopping.
38. I told my man about this hashtag series & asked him to name a few facts. He just came up with: you are altruistic. AW!
39. I was raised not knowing what envy & greed are and find it difficult to understand and forgive people who are envious. Working on it…
40. Flexibility is my best and my worst trait.
I could go on and on, but this is it for now. It has been fun reading the others share their 40 facts & I think this is an interesting way to connect.
( you can find more on Instagram under the #share40factsaboutYOU )
I hope you enjoyed reading & please join, if you wish…